Note: For more information, check out our Inscryption guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Inscryption guide – The finale, ending, and a New Game+ mode of sorts
Check the terminal near where you found the Gem Drone. You’ll see that it’s connected to a network. Say that you’re not a robot and you’ll be transported to a dark chamber. There, Grimora, Magnificus, and Leshy will tell you of their plans.
Return back to the board and make your way to the starting point of Botopia (the one with the pillars). P03 gloats, then Leshy kills him. Grimora then deletes all the files in the floppy disk.
The next sequences in Inscryption‘s finale are mostly scripted. I’m not even sure if you could lose the battles (unless you intentionally do that). Here’s what happens:
- Crypt – Place the three epitaphs on the middle tombstone to open a path to Grimora’s room.
- Grimora – This looks like a chessboard where you’ll move your knight. Take out the two minions in battles and fight Grimora. Suddenly, her own files get deleted, and she disappears.
- Leshy – Leshy will immediately have a match against you. You’ll retain most of your deck from Act 1, which means you can quickly trounce him. He just chats and plays with you until he, too, gets deleted.
- Magnificus – The battle against Magnificus is akin to an old-school tactical RPG. The game is glitching a lot now, which means no one cares about their HP anymore.
- Woodcarver and the Old_data – Walk to the edge of the screen to see the Woodcarver and the Old_data.
Next, we see Luke Carder calling a reporter regarding the mysterious incidents surrounding Inscryption. Carder hears someone at the door. It’s the woman from Gamefuna who visited him earlier. Before he could finish talking, he’s shot in the head. We see blood pooling on the floor, and the end credits play.
Is there a New Game+ mode?
Sadly, no, a mode where you keep everything you’ve acquired in Inscryption doesn’t exist. But, you do have the following:
- The main menu now shows five chapters that you can select if you want to start a new game. These are when you started the tutorial, Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, and the finale sequence. At the bottom, you’ll see the three sets of video files made by Luke.
- The Ouroboros/Ourobot card will retain its stats from previous playthroughs.
Inscryption is available on Steam. For more information, check out our guides and features hub.