Rocket League celebrated its 5th anniversary this month and we’re ready to make 2020 the game’s biggest year yet. It all starts with Rocket League‘s free to play launch later this Summer!
The high-octane hybrid of action and driving is about to enter its next chapter, and everyone on Xbox One and beyond can enjoy Rocket League‘s gameplay for free. Plus, you can continue to team up with friends anywhere with full cross-platform play! That next chapter begins later this Summer with the game’s biggest update ever.
Once the update goes live, Rocket League will be available to download for free. Returning players will notice a fresh coat of paint as soon as they start the game. Menus are getting an overhaul to make the experience more manageable, and major features are being improved like Tournaments and game-wide Challenges to unlock items. We’re going to fully reveal these improvements as we get closer to launch, so stay tuned!
If you’re a veteran of Rocket League and you’re sitting on an impressive inventory of customization items, fear not! You’ll still be able to access your full inventory when the update goes live. And, we’re giving existing players something special. Anyone who has played Rocket League online before the launch of free to play will be rewarded with Legacy status, which includes:
- All Rocket League-branded DLC packs released before free to play
- “Est. 20XX” title that displays the first year you played Rocket League
- 200+ Common items upgraded to “Legacy” quality
- Golden Cosmos Boost
- Dieci-Oro Wheels
- Huntress Player Banner
In addition, if you’ve played online before today’s announcement, you will also receive the Faded Cosmos Boost. Legacy rewards will be granted once the free to play version launches later this Summer.
There’s plenty more to reveal about Rocket League‘s free to play launch, so be sure to check out RocketLeague.com and follow us on Twitter @RocketLeague for the latest news. Thank you for your continued support! We’re ready to introduce Rocket League to an all-new audience!
Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Rocket League includes casual and competitive Online Matches, a fully-featured offline Season Mode, special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely, hockey and basketball-inspired Extra Modes, and more than 500 trillion possible cosmetic customization combinations.
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of all time. Boasting a community of more than 57 million players, Rocket League features ongoing free and paid updates, including new DLCs, content packs, features, modes and arenas.
● Rocket Pass – Purchase Rocket Pass Premium to get an initial 50% XP bonus and earn up to 70 unique rewards, including a new Battle-Car, Goal Explosion, Keys, and more!
● Challenge System – Play Online Matches and complete Weekly Challenges to tier up and unlock unique rewards only found in Rocket Pass.
● Esports Shop – Show off your team pride for your favorite teams in Rocket League Esports! The Rocket League Esports Shop pilot program brings new Decals, Wheels, and Player Banners that represent some of the best teams in the sport.
© 2015-2020 Psyonix LLC, Rocket League, Psyonix, and all related marks and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Psyonix LLC. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.