Synergy Land is a Path of Exile-inspired play-to-earn aRPG developed by experienced AAA developers and designers. Players will explore procedurally generated dungeons in groups of up to four players. Together, hack, slash, and cast their way to valuable loot in the form of NFTs and tokens.
The upcoming Solana-based game promises to deliver an immersive action PRG (aRPG) experience that draws inspiration from legends of the genre, Path of Exile and Diablo. The game revolves around developing your character and exploring dungeons. Almost every item in the game is an NFT that players may openly trade in-game or on external marketplaces.
Synergy Studio, the company behind the game, announced it to the world in their recent Medium post. The post explains how the team has a collective 16 years of industry experience. The devs have an impressive resume, working on games like Assasin’s Creed, Metroid, Ghost Recon, and Warhammer Vermintide.
Simply put, they know how to make quality video games. It remains to be seen how that experience will translate to Synergy Land’s play-to-earn model, but I’m hopeful.
Synergy Studio recently closed its seed round and found the right investors to get the project off the ground. See who invested in Synergy Land in the team’s announcement on Medium. Closing the seed round marks completing a vital milestone that ensures they can reach the next stage.
What Will Gameplay Look Like?
The team has the funds and the experience to create what could be an awesome game. What do they have in the works?
We don’t have any gameplay teasers yet, but the project’s litepaper is quite thorough. Let’s go over a few major gameplay features to set some expectations:
- Dungeon exploration is a heavy focus of the 3D game
- All loot will be NFTs or game tokens
- There will be four unique biomes
- Players will create spells by synergizing elements to create unique effects
- There will be a variety of classes available, with each being customizable to suit your gameplay style
- Players can own boss NFTs that generate passive income
- PvP events will reward players based on performance
- Dungeon puzzles will stand between players and rare NFTs
- Players can collect and breed pets, which can fight alongside you and take place in pet battles
- Players can buy private islands to build a business or home
- Crafting stations will enable players to build their own NFTs
Without a doubt, players are going to be kept busy once the game is released. How far away are we from a fully deployed game?
A Look at Synergy Land’s Roadmap
The current roadmap takes us from now to the end of 2022, and you can view the complete roadmap on page 18 of the project’s litepaper. Some notable upcoming milestones related to gameplay are:
- Q4 2021: PC Demo release and NFT founder badge sale (has gameplay perks)
- Q1 and Q2 2022: NFT integration, dungeon system, inventory system, loot system, synergies system, skill system, PvP design
- Q3 2022: Additional game systems and beta PC release
- Q4 2022: Season 1 PC release, development of matchmaking and marketplace systems
Most of the roadmap is focused on gameplay, and that’s great to see. The team is focused first and foremost on making a memorable game.
The game will also have two tokens, SNG (Synergy) and ACN (Ancient Coin). SNG is the governance token and will be a reward for specific events but not the primary reward token. Ancient Coin is the game’s reward token.
Synergy Land has a strong development team and a clear vision. Ultimately, it has the potential to make its mark as a quality ARPG in the play-to-earn space.
What is Synergy Land?
Synergy Land is an in-development blockchain multiplayer aRPG that aims to bring the play-to-earn model to the genre. Players will develop a character by exploring dungeons solar in teams of four in search of valuable loot. The game takes place in Synergy Land; a fantasy world split up into biomes representing earth, water, fire, and ice.
A vital component of the game will be its dynamic spell system that calls for players to combine different elements to cast spells. The spells may be harmful or beneficial, and players will need to experiment to find the right spells for their playstyle.
Currently, the project is still in early development but aims to have a complete game by Q4 2022. Unreal Engine and Solana team up to create a new technological landscape that powers the game. Follow Synergy Land on Twitter for updates and dive into the project’s litepaper to learn more.