Placating the Warzone community
The most recent patch on April 30 for Call of Duty: Warzone is a small list of changes. But the most significant one for players is the second in the list:
- Fix for Gunsmith Custom loadouts not appearing in matches
- Removing Most Wanted Contracts from Warzone and adding Bounty Contracts back
- Adjusting the timer from 10 to 15 seconds in 3v3 Cranked Gunfight
- Adjusting out of bounds timer in Infected
- Adjusting the match start timer in Infected so players can join before the Infected countdown ends.
- Fix for a bug where players could get stuck during the infil while loading into a BR match
However, rather than give players options between the different bounties, this is another outright replacement. The Most Wanted Contract gave players an opportunity for high rewards with the high risk. Surviving being hunted by all remaining teams would revive all downed members of your team. It certainly brought a different dynamic to Call of Duty: Warzone, and it could have been a gamechanger in its own right.
While the fans and some notable streamers expressed disappointment with the initial change, this new update has also seen some questioning. Could the new Most Wanted Contract have also stayed in Call of Duty: Warzone? It’s hard to say now. Hopefully, Infinity Ward can find a balance with new options in the future.
Call of Duty: Warzone‘s popularity will always see a big reaction to any changes. Rather than seeing something taken away, perhaps it will be wise to have more options instead.